Sunday 24 January 2010

Brian McKee

From the website Poller Contemporary

"About the work

For the past four years I have traveled throughout America and Eastern Europe photographing sites that represent important political and social events in contemporary world history. My most recent project in Afghanistan is a continuation of this larger conceptual body of work. Acting as a kind of visual historian I seek to create images that convey a unique and important view of select aspects of World History. Within architecture and landscapes I find my true subject, the detritus of civilization, and seek to explore the way we define and relate to its existence. Although creating precisely composed and executed images I carefully chose projects that have a conceptual meaning and importance beyond their visual interest or beauty. These images from Afghanistan encompass and express the intents of my vision as an artist. 

All images are photographed with a Deardorff 8x10 inch camera on Fuji negative film. Final print sizes vary from 30x40 inches to 50x60 inches and are in an edition of 5."


As a potential location I love this shot. Very open and available for addition in both colour and props. I may use this to try superimposing models and bits. Obviously the rights to this image do not belong to me so i cannot publish any as my own. I may find similar locations in the large buildings. The building looks deserted.

No comments:

Post a Comment