Thursday 29 April 2010

Conclusion

My project has developed from peoples aspirations to be my personal aspiration in my teenage years. I began to look into bicycle culture and the idea as the bike as a fashion accessory. I researched in depth into portraiture and visit the Taylor Wessing Portrait Prize which directed my to focus on the riders. During a conversion with my hairdresser I realised that all cyclists have one thing in common, hoarding. All cyclists keep everything they buy, even a piece of broken kit will be kept as a memory or even to show you bravery. I decided I wanted to show this hoarding in the final images yet the cluttered style it would create was not particularly aesthetic. So for my final images I have 5; I have a self portrait of myself with all my hoarded equipment and then selected the 4 main disciplines of the sport which are; BMX, Downhill, fixed gear and road. I developed a style over this project, I used low depth of field on a prime lens and used softbox lighting. I underexposed the background by 2 stops to make the subject pop out of the image.

Overall I am pleased with this project, to pursue this project further I would potentially make a book of more images of cyclists. In an exhibition I would display the images as shown in a previous post and have them printed A1

No comments:

Post a Comment