Monday 19 April 2010

How My Project has developed

My Project started as dreams and aspirations of people I would talk to, I had 4 main themed ideas and aimed to show them in a portraiture method. As the project developed I began to focus on my own dream, cycling. It is my main hobby so not a dream as such but I decided to look into bicycle culture as it does relate to aspirations but changed the title to bicycle culture. I found lots of imagery of the riders in motion but wanted to pick the riders out. I set up location shoots using lighting and a technique which Nick Lockett taught me of underexposing the backdrop to make the model pop out which I found very effective. I used my canon 400D with a prime 50mm lens to achieve low depth of field and a 430ex flash gun for my lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment